Perth, Western Australia – June 27, 2022
Chesterton, a global leader in solutions that enhance industrial reliability, has created a new grease specifically suited to electric motor bearings subjected to extreme load, water, heat, speed, and corrosive conditions.
638 EMG is made with Chesterton’s QBT (Quiet Bearing Technology) to extend the electric motor’s bearing life. 638 EMG contains performance additives that improve the product’s load-bearing, water washout, corrosion, thermal and shear performance without damaging the electric motor windings. 638 EMG is compatible with most OEM specified shear stable Polyurea or Lithium complex thickened electric motor greases.
Different bearing diameters, speeds, and operating temperatures require different base oil viscosities to maintain proper lubrication film. For correct grease selection for electric motor bearings, 638 EMG comes in two base oil viscosities of 100 cSt and 46 cSt to provide excellent lubrication and protection.
- Electrical motors and generators exposed to severe industrial conditions of corrosion, moisture, and vibration.
- Motors for forced draft, induction draft fans, fin fans, blowers, HVAC.
- Motors for pumps, agitators, compressors, mixers, conveyors, and gearboxes.
- Ball and roller bearings, medium to high speeds; nDm 80,000 – 800,000.
- Motors operating in high and low-temperature conditions, speeds from less than 1750 and up to 3550 RPM (ISO 100 and 46 viscosities available)
About A.W. Chesterton Company: Operating in over 100 countries around the world, Chesterton has recognized as a leading provider of knowledge-backed solutions and expert service for Rotary, Stationary, and Fluid Power equipment supported by a comprehensive line of industrial fluid sealing solutions, high-performance protective coatings, and specialty industrial lubrication.